Sunday, August 7, 2011

New journal pages from old paintings

In one of my artist yahoo groups we were exchanging 8 x 8 journal pages. I was behind the
deadline and I needed to get on the ball. I had recently dug out my portfolio from the one and only college art class I had taken. It was filled with large watercolor and acrylic paintings.
They were done on quality paper but the results were not frame-worthy! So....I stole someone else's idea of cutting up old artwork to make journal pages. They made great backgrounds to get started. I used stencils and spray inks and added collage elements and words. I also made 26 tags to send out and they actually got sent BEFORE the due date, miracles never cease!
I will share more of the tags in another post. I tried to leave plenty of room on the pages for the artist's to add their own journaling . If you can't read the tiny collage phrases click on the photos to enlarge them.









2 comments:

juls4real said...

Hey Jen, these are really lovely.

Edward Boyle said...

I love these! They are lovely and simply beautiful!
:-)
Ed